Monday 24 October 2011

Some stuff & some photos

Hey Folks.
It's time for a BIG BOX BLOG!!! This week is brought to you by the colour green!


This a bit early in the week, but I don't feel it is a big of a box blog as usual, also I decided that this weeks blog shall be in the colour of green! (being as this weeks blog is brought to us by the colour green.) I want to share some of my favourite photos with you all, so if you can hold out for a while you can see them!



Well on Saturday i got my tattoo. It is of an owl a very colourful, cutesy and cartoonish owl, I love it personally. I'm allergic to caged birds (Rosella, Budgies, Finches so on and so on!) but I am not allergic to chickens, ducks and other birds like that, it's something I find particularly strange but then again, I am strange.

Once it has all healed up, I will upload a photo for you all to see. Right now some of the colours aren't sticking (is that the right term) basically because they're so light and used to make white and lighter colours, so once the tattoo is all healed up, I'll see how the colours are and depending on them I will get it redone and then show you!



It was very funny actually. I mean, I am an avid rock fan and there is nothing I love more then a bit of Queen in the morning. I spent two hours getting it done and even though it was meant to be on my wrist and quite small, it's rather big. I only have small arms so it takes up about half of my arm. Back onto the music, it was great they had a bit of Queen, a bit of Bowie and a bit of The Cure. Just wanted to tell you a bit about it. Once again, once it heals up, I'm gonna see how the colours are and if they are a bit blotchy due to the colours, I will get it redone and then show you =D so you have to wait another week I'm afraid.


The Tattoo means a great deal to me and at the moment, I don't really feel inclined to tell you what it means to me! All you need to know is its very colourful, very cute and very owl! =D


Since my last post, it's been a somewhat eventful rest of the week. Some stuff has happened, some stuff I wish would happen hasn't happened, but I am glad for this week. I've learnt a lot about myself I didn't expect to learn and I've seen a lot of people who's true colours have been shining through, whether that is for the best I am unable to tell yet. I have lost a lot of trust for certain people who have been very close to me and gained some trust towards people I usually wouldn't let in. I feel I am changing certain aspects about me and once again I'm not sure whether that is for the best. I guess I should focus on college instead of myself. Ha ha

Here are a few of my favourite photos! 

 Here is a Yemen Chameleon. As with the Day Gecko this is also a favourite. While I was taking photos of reptiles, there was was a lot of people with professional cameras, all trying to get a shot of the chameleon and nearly everybody looked at their cameras with an expression of disappointment and tried again.

What makes me love this picture so much was it was just me and my little canon and I took this picture the first time round, I am very proud of that, I decided I was going to leave this unedited just because I am super proud of the shot and the colours are so vibrant there is really nothing needing to be done.

This particular picture is actually a few years old. If you can see there are two frogs. I had to practically climb into my pond to get the picture (I was taking out white lilly's and the roots needed to be removed.)

This is one of my first photos I took and this is the picture that actually made me think about continuing on doing so. I love taking pictures and I have learnt that it's not about how good the shot is but how important it is to you.




 Tricky! She is my one eyed pirate cat. She's special, she truly is, this was taken when she had to have her eye removed. This is an old time favourite of everyone in my family, Tricky is always such a loud cat and she will meow and cause havoc until she gets what she wants and the fact she is meowing, I feel, kinda expresses exactly who she is.

This is a common newt. Myself and my mam were clearing away the fire pit and within the fire pit we found like 100 frogs and toads, lots of slow worms and a million insect my mam is scared of and a newt. I know I shouldn't be holding the newt but I was moving it to my pond so it didn't get trampled on. The reason this is a favourite because we had just established a wildlife pond that was coming on pretty well and we were hoping to have newts near the pond, instead we found it in our fire pit and this was the first newt we ever saw.


Oh by the way just a tip before I go. It's to do with pond plants. If you have a small pond do not get white lilly's. The lilly roots cover the pond floor and take over the pond, when you need to cut them back and take some out it can be really difficult to do so and a lot of the time (like I often have to) you have to climb into your pond and separate the roots and take some of the plant out.


That's it for now There shall be a new box blog sometime in the week, so enjoy
Toodle loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment